Used a shared calendar for your PLT, your club, or your sport. Go to your own Google Calendar, create a new calendar, invite your teammates, students, parents, anyone!, and use it to keep track of events and meetings.
Once you add people, they’ll get an invite to see, view and edit the calendar, and your work can begin. See the example below for a quick how-to.
A few weeks ago, I presented at the Illinois Computing Educators Conference on using Google Calendar. We also had a Lunch & Learn on the topic. Here is the slide presentation that I shared. If you go through it, you can learn:
- The basic anatomy of a Google Calendar
- How to create and invited people to events
- Use appointment slots for students or parents to sign up to see you before/after school
- Share a calendar with an audience
- Create a calendar for collaboration among many people
- Create and use Resource Rooms
I’m still working out how to best communicate with everyone – I created this blog in WordPress to play with something that isn’t a Google product, but it’s still a work in progress!
On with the tips…please note that there are “tags” at the end of each post. If you want to read more of my posts about, say, Google Classroom, simply click on that tag and you’ll find everything I’ve posted on the subject. I’m going to be adding content from last year, too, so the amount of content may seem meager now but won’t be for long! Continue reading “Happy October!”