A nice alternative to Kahoot! is Quizizz. They recently announced that once students download the app, they can access quizzes through Google Classroom – which seems like a nice feature. Both the teacher app and the student app are available in the Chrome Web Store. I created a sample Quizizz about our faculty that you can play by following these directions:
- Open https://join.quizizz.com in your browser
- Enter the 6-digit game code 343997 , and click “Proceed”
- Now enter your name and click “Join Game!”
- You will get an avatar, and then see a “Start Game” button. Click it to begin!
- Will you win a prize? WHO KNOWS?????
- Check out Google Cast. Students can add this app from the Chrome Web Store, and when prompted by the teacher, project wirelessly from his or her device. I haven’t tried it here at school, as it’s fairly new, but here’s an article by a teacher who did. A post from an EdTech site explains the process step by step. If you try it (or would like help trying it), please let me know!
Continue reading “Seven tips to get into the fighting spirit!”